mouseover for before image
I've been asked several times how to do the 3D framing that I've used on many of my photos, so I thought I'd post it here. I can't take credit for this as I learned it from EleanorT67 who learned it from Bonnie5378.
ALWAYS MAKE A COPY OF YOUR IMAGE
1. MAKE BACKGROUND LAYER - be sure this is selected in your layers panel
2. GO TO SELECT & > select ALL
3. GO TO SELECT > modify border > choose pixels (eg 5)
4, GO TO SELECT > inverse
5. GO TO SELECT > modify > contrast > choose pixels (eg 65)
6. GO TO EDIT & on that drop down select stroke - - (eg 15)
7. GO TO SELECT to > de select (or command d on the mac)
8. TO CREATE A SECOND FRAME LINE > do steps 1 - 7 again
9. TO REMOVE FRAME LINES FOR 3D EFFECT > Select the eraser tool and erase the frame line around the primary object in your image.
Play around with line (stroke) thickness and spacing between double lines.
Resize your image for Flickr or your blog.
While I'm at all this I save images for the rollover effect. Rather than rewrite those instructions, I'll refer you to Kim Klassen's mouseover tutorial. She is an excellent teacher. This is where I learned how to do it.
Have fun playing!
Textures thanks to Pixel Dust: Lovers Lament